Please create one 300x250 ad for the initial round.
We will then select the best as finalists and ask them to create versions of the same ad in 11 other sizes.
This way, you only have to create one version up-front and only have to invest more time once you are selected as a finalist and know you will be getting paid.
Text to include in ad:
Get Our FREE Guide
Six Steps to Conquer the Chaos
How to Organize & Motivate Students for Success
Images to include in ad:
- "Bright 4 Sq.,png"
- "#24 notebook.jpg" or "#24 notebook.png"
- We use “primary colors in a sophisticated way.” Our materials are for a wide-ranging audience, spanning K-adult. We have found this approach to be appropriate for our branding.
- The SOAR, 4-square, logo is the basis for most of our color schemes.
- The 4-square logo is proven to be “eye-catching.” The SOAR logo has outperformed a wide variety of other images in click-through tests on Facebook, so we have data supporting that it is an impactful visual.
- Clean and clear. White space is a plus!
- Tell stories with images and layout. Captions should be a comprehensive summary of accompanying text.
- “Don’t make me think.” This is our cardinal rule for all marketing efforts, whether print or visual. We strive for visuals and text layout that promote instantaneous understanding.
- Headlines should pass the “squint test.” If you squint, can you quickly identify the headline? Can you read it?
- URLs and calls-to-action should be prominent and easy to identify.
- Text formatting: Generally, the following guidelines will be followed by the writer/editor who composes text. But, it is important to share with designers, too.
1. I like to write in layers so people can scan and still get good summaries of the content.
- Layer 1 = subheadings
- Layer 2 = first sentence of each paragraph
- Layer 3 = full text. This way, people can scan and still get good summaries of the content.
I accomplish this by:
- Including 1 sub-heading for every 300-400 words, usually.
- Bolding the first line of most paragraphs. I try to write so that the most important point of any paragraph is first.
2. Left-Justification is preferred for nearly all text formatting. Easy readability.
Final deliverable files:
- Adobe Illustrator source files for all sizes
- pdf and png of each image
- Sizes for final deliverable files (please only submit 300x250 version for initial judging):
300 x 250
180 x 150
300 x 100
320 × 50
468 × 60
728 × 90
250 × 250
200 × 200
336 × 280
300 × 250
120 × 600
160 × 600