2 Pages for Web Developer Service, NO coding! GUARANTEED!
- Last feedback - Fri, 18 Sep 2009 04:36:23 +0000
- Feedback 99%
- Refunds - 0
- The contest was open to all designers
- Selected a winner
- The contest holder awarded a winner
Browsera is a new web service that aids designers, developers, and testers in finding cross-browser layout bugs. We're developers who are sick of time consuming testing and validation of web UI, and like to use products that are clean, simple, and useful.
Browsera takes the URL for your site, renders it in different browsers, and reports any major visual differences. It's like magic!
The name Browsera is a combination of 'Browser' and 'Era' signifying the importance of the browser today.
We LIKE and use well-styled, minimalist, software service sites such as:
ServerDensity http://serverdensity.com (like the homepage light feeling)
Basecamp http://basecamphq.com (functional yet quirky)
Google Analytics http://google.com/analytics (functional, minimalist)
Google Reader http://google.com/reader (functional, minimalist)
Picnik http://picnikcom (fun, clean)
Squarespace http://squarespace.com (bold, simple)
Browsera will target web designers/developers, and testers. They are 18-35 techie types who spend a lot of time online and read blogs like http://www.ajaxian.com and http://www.sitepoint.com. They are like you.
They are advanced web users who value simplicity and utility, and understand and expect icons/buttons/elements to behave in a consistent way. They also appreciate good, clean design.
------ UPDATE 1 --------
- The report page is an interactive page. This is where users will spend most of their time. Use gmail, google analytics, and google reader as inspiration.
- The report page will use a liquid layout and will maximize to use all available width of the screen. See how gmail, google analytics, google reader do this.
- You may design report page in 1280x1024
- If you understand the functionality as described in the mockup, you may modify its layout as you see fit.
- Page Design for the Homepage and the Bug Report pages. Many submissions already utilizing sample homepage, lets see what else you can come up with!
Homepage MUST include: Navigation, Screenshot, feature list, prominent signup button. Blog/feedback/share are optional, and you may include other elements as you see fit.
- Homepage mockup: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1946245/homepage.png
- Report mockup: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1946245/report.png
- Overall design scheme/colors/typography/layout is most important.
- NO Coding required, PSD only
- Layout should be 'light' meaning the content should look like its right on the page, NOT on a background color/image. See serverdensity.com/ google.com/analytics
- Need icons for the various widgets on the Report page
- Color preference: none, but keep it fresh and upbeat
- Logo is still being worked on, you are free to include one on your own, or just leave placeholder
- Possibility of more work to follow for additional pages
The current beta site is live at:
Use it as a reference for functionality and a demonstration of the technology.