View Comment #168624

  1. User
    Chelaro
    Actions
    Comment Date
    Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:50:28 +0000
    Avatar

    PureSoul - Please don't get me wrong but other than LCD-CRT differences there are tons of display difference between the same type of display, including completelly diferent off-the shelf tuning of the monitors between brands as well as custom tuning the owners do on their displays. Basically this means there can ba larger differences between two LCD screens than one LCD and one CRT. Basically there's no way of making sure the design maintains it's appearence for all visitors, therefore what you do is test on a couple monitors that are tuned differently and then fine-tune your coloring so that you make sure it's all displayed corectly on all monitors regardless of the color/brightness/contrast differences. Doing that allows you to have a design that's still great for at least 95% of the viewers and that's the best you can do, more than that would mean the other 5% would have to tune their monitor to a corect setting and that's not a viable solution. What can you do, use a selector for crt/tft as a splash page and then a calibration wizard before actually entering the site ? No website is worth that hassle in the visitors mind and colors are simply not that important for them, they're more interested in the content. The actual purpose of a design is geting a general look across and inspiring certain feelings in the mind of a customer, but that's not why they're visiting the site.

    Anyway, I don't want to bore anyone with this, all I'm saying is that I don't think there's a point of making 2 designs, one for crt one for tft, no matter how you put it.

    Best regards,
    Octavian