Dave and Pauls LLC picked a winning design in their print & packaging design contest
Our experience with 99designs has been fantastic. What we truly enjoyed about this experience is that we were able to interact with the designers - around the clock. — Dave and Paul
Help Dave and Pauls LLC with a new print or packaging design
- Last feedback - Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:49:46 +0000
- Feedback 99%
- Refunds - 0
- The contest was open to all designers
- Selected a winner
- The contest holder awarded a winner
- Organization name
Dave and Pauls LLC
- Description of the organization and its target audience
Dave and Paul produce Compound Butter. Compound Butter is butter which has been mixed with a selection of natural ingredients to make it more flavorful. The sweet varieties are typically added to breads and pastries (pancakes, bagels, waffles etc) with the savory ones better suited to accompany or be used in the preparation of steak, seafood, and vegetables as an alternative to a sauce or to add zest to the meal.
The product appeals to a number of the senses in that it looks great, has diverse texture in the mouth and most importantly tastes amazing with an explosive yet complex flavor that typically exceeds the expectation of the person tasting the butter for the first time.
We have four different flavors of Compound Butter that require a top label and two side labels for each flavor. Each top label and the side labels will have the same layout for each flavor, with the exception of the logo, which you will modify for each flavor. The four flavors are Oddly Orange, Mighty Maple, Green Garlic and Calcutta Curry. All labels must meet FDA requirements. The specific requirements for the designs are as follows:
1. This label is 3.5” (three and a half) inches in diameter
2. Using the attached Dave and Pauls LLC logo, incorporate the concept of the flavor into the design, with the name of the flavor and the words Compound Butter. For example, the flavor of Mighty Maple might be written on top of the Dave and Pauls existing logo, with a maple tree coming out of the back of the logo and the words “Compound Butter” written in the leaf of the Dave and Pauls logo. The desire is to have each flavor’s design a part of the current Dave and Pauls logo.
3. The net weight in ounces and grams (i.e. 6 oz, (170 g)
4. The words - “Hand blended, fresh, in the mountains of Montana”
5. The words – “12 Servings per container”
6. The words – “All Natural”
1. Create two side labels, each label should be - 1” (one inch) in height and 4.5” (four and a half inches) in length. These two labels will be applied on the sides of the round container with a one and a half inch gap of space between them on each side.
2. The logo concept for the top label (#2 above) will be used for one of the side labels – no new design is required, however, in designing the side labels you will need to account for the amount of space this design will require, so please include this in your side label designs.
3. Nutrition facts (see attached). You can write out the nutrition facts – they do not have to be represented in a box format - as attached.
4. Must include all ingredients, for each flavor, in the order given in the attachment.
5. Bar Code (attached)
6. The words “Keep refrigerated – will keep up to 3 months frozen”
7. The words “Manufactured and Distributed by Dave and Pauls LLC, Missoula, Montana. 59803”
8. Include the ‘Made in Montana’ logo (attached)
9. The words “Gluten Free” on the Oddly Orange and Green Garlic
10. The Words “Food Allergies: Dave and Paul invite you to read the ingredient statement carefully.”
11. The words “Please Recycle” and include the standard recycling arrows
12. The words “For recipe ideas: www.daveandpauls.net
13. The words “Having met on the ski slopes of Montana, we are two blokes who have built a business blending butter. Our commitment to you is a fresh, quality product that will enhance every meal. Dave and Paul”
An example of what we want can be understood with how Google changes their brand name to illustrate events or concepts. Check out Google designs http://www.google.com/logos/ for examples of how we want our logo modified to incorporate the 4 flavors
Dave and Paul want compound butter labels that are sophisticated, illustrate the explosive yet complex flavor of each product, and speak to each customer’s culinary intelligence. Unequivocal experience to date indicates customers who taste the product are left in no doubt of the quality and uniqueness of the product so the ultimate challenge is to convey the message from the label on the container in the refrigerated section of a retail store that they will have this experience once they buy the product and take it home to try.
This contest has been pre-paid with 99designs. The winner will be paid directly by 99designs for the full prize amount, excluding any third party transfer fees.
Free, 2-3 day turnaround
Charges apply, 5-10 day turnaround
Charges apply, 5-10 day turnaround