I need a cover for a short (40-50 page) eBook. The title of the eBook is "Exceptional Ruby". It is aimed at intermediate to advanced Ruby developers, and covers various topics related to handling failures and exceptions in Ruby code.
* It must be sized to fit well on an 8 1/2" by 11" page in portrait layout.
* It should suggest "Ruby" and the concept of failures or errors in some way.
* Note, this doesn't include the concept of a "bug"; that's a different topic.
* A cracked or shattered ruby gem is one concept that crossed my mind, but don't let that limit you.
* See the material at http://rubyidentity.org/
for the official Ruby logo. But PLEASE NOTE: While I will consider designs that use the official logo, I will give some preference to designs that do not, since using the logo means the whole work must be CC-licensed.
* It must include the title ("Exceptional Ruby") and the author's name ("Avdi Grimm").
* It must still be legible when scaled to thumbnail size - so not too busy.
* This book will be primarily viewed on screen. If it is printed it will most likely be printed on people's home printers.
* A plain white background is best - no full-page gradients or dark fills.