Refine Logo Concepts For Hot Mobile Games Company
- Last feedback - Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:53:05 +0000
- Feedback 64%
- Refunds - 0
- The contest was open to all designers
- Selected finalists
- The contest holder selected 6 finalists
- Final round
- Finalists continued to submit designs
- Selected a winner
- The contest holder awarded a winner
- Business name
- Backflip Studios
- Description of business
Backflip Studios makes absurdly fun games for mobile devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Android gadgets.
Games & Recreational
- Preferred logo types
- Sample logos
- Values to communicate
- Feminine Masculine
- Young Mature
- Luxury Economical
- Modern Classic
- Playful Serious
- Loud Quiet
- Simple Complex
- Subtle Obvious
- Color preferences
- Red, White, Black, Grey. Other accent colors are ok if they work with the design.
- To be used on
- Print (Business cards, letterheads, brochures etc)
- Online (Website, online advertising, banner ads etc)
- Merchandise (Mugs, T-shirts etc)
- Signs (Including shops, billboards etc)
The goal of this design contest is to refine logo concepts that our company has already identified as opposed to developing entirely new concepts. Please review the attached image files labeled Concept A, Concept B, and Concept C. Select one of more of the concepts and iterate on the idea by adjusting colors, textures, form, fonts, shading, etc. The winning design will take these concepts that we already like, improve upon them, and surprise us with a far superior version. Your final submission should include both a full-sized version of the logo and a 20x20 pixel mini-icon version.
Below are some notes regarding each concept:
Concept A: This is a fairly simple "B" where an exclamation point forms the wholes in the letter. We like how the "B" almost looks like a fun character from one of our games. The concept might be even better if it was more clear that the "B" character were doing a back flipping motion. We want the design to feel fun and lively, but not overly childish or cartoon-ish.
Concept B: This design forms a subtle "F" inside the "B" graphic. We like that clever use of font and white space. Our concern with this logo is that it doesn't reflect the fun, whimsical nature of our games. It's a clean, elegant logo, but it could be for any number of companies in a range of industries. The concept could possibly be improved upon by incorporating more fun and life into the mark.
Concept C: This concept forms a character's eyes and face out of a sideways "B". We like that it's a fun, cute character, but we don't want it to look overly childish. Perhaps there's a way to streamline the concept, make it even more simple, and to make it a bit more mature and sleek looking rather than something that might appear on a kids cartoon.
More about Backflip Studios and our goals:
Our games are played by millions of people around the world, so the design should appeal to a wide audience. We prefer simple, fairly minimalist, iconic logos that are memorable, fun & likable (nothing too edgy or overly masculine). In terms of our company name in the logo, "Backflip" should be prominent, but "Studios" can be less prominent. The new logo does not necessarily need to reference our current logo.
* Mass-appeal design that doesn't alienate certain demographics
* Likable, fun, approachable style
* Consumer oriented / not overly corporate or stuffy
* Iconic, memorable graphic element
* Recognizable element of the logo that can scale down a small size (roughly 20x20 pixels)
* Versions of the logo that work in both horizontal layout and stacked vertical layout
NICE-TO-HAVE ELEMENTS (NOT REQUIRED):
* Subtle or literal reference to a back flip or flip motion
* Subtle reference to games or mobile interaction
* Whimsical, fun, or funny element to the design
Supplied file types
Layered vectors in EPS & PDF
Screen quality JPEG & PNGs
Note: Fonts used will be detailed by the designer but are not provided for licensing reasons.
This contest has been pre-paid with 99designs. The winner will be paid directly by 99designs for the full prize amount, excluding any third party transfer fees.
Free, 2-3 day turnaround
Charges apply, 5-10 day turnaround
Charges apply, 5-10 day turnaround