8am - 5pm PST Mon-Fri
With a little over 2 days to go before the close of this competition, I thought I would provide some general comments as to what is and isn't working so far (in my opinion)... and also some specific comments on several entries.
- Most entries are professional looking.
- Many entries have focused too heavily on 'Search'... specifically on ideas that have been associated with 'Search' since the late 90's (Binoculars, Magnifying Glasses etc...)
- Many entries have used a 'Clock' to show 'Real Time'. While this is technically appropriate, a clock alone isn't enough. Need to focus on what 'Real Time Search' means for users... as opposed to simply representing the literal meaning of the term.
- In the main, better use of color and a sense of 'fun' required.
- As we will be searching initially using the Twitter API... would like something that feels like it is from that universe/space. (I don't want a copy or anything that too closely resembles other logo's in the 'Twittersphere'... but I do like the sense of fun and warmth that most sites in the space tend to have.)
What do you want designed?