Headline; Who wouldn't want to be a high street estate agent in the UK?
• Did you know there were 932,000 homes sold in the UK in 2012?
• That means around 4% of all homes in the UK were sold last year.
• Of these, around 839,000 homes were sold by high street estate agents - that equates to 90% of all sales.
• As a result, vendors in the UK spent a whopping £2.2 BILLION in estate agent fees in 2012.
• That's about the same amount as building Wembley stadium 3 times over
• Had these vendors used an online agent, such as Sellmyhome.co.uk, they could have could have saved around £1.8 BILLION.
• That’s over 6 times the net wealth of the Queen (£280m)
• And did you know, there are 14,500 estate agent offices in UK?
• That's approximately 11,600,000 sq ft of retail space. or 266 acres, or 4,256 tennis courts
• As a result, estate agents outnumber McDonalds restaurants by 12 to 1 on our high streets
Isn't it time to start selling online?