Creative art or illustration design
Get professional, high-quality art or illustrations designed in 7 days, from $249
Host a design contest and our community of talented designers will compete to create icons, illustrations, greeting cards and invitations you love, or your money back!
- You describe your exact requirements
- Dozens of designers submit concepts for review
- You only pay for the design you like best!
Example illustration designs
How illustration design contests work
1) Compile your design brieftell me more
- Answer some simple questions about your business and the illustration design you're looking for.
- Decide on the amount you wish to pay.
2) Review & provide feedbacktell me more
- Designers submit concepts based on the brief
- Review and give feedback on designs as they are submitted
3) Pick a winning design!tell me more
- After 7 days, browse entries and pick your favorite illustration design. We'll take care of paying the winning designer.
- Complete handover - receive final high-quality files and full copyright
What our customers say
“Our company has had great success finding highly talented graphic designers through 99designs. We have been thrilled with the results!”View contest
“99designs will get you the best results. I will continue recommending 99designs to every business owner that needs a website or logo designed.”View contest
“I’ve held four projects on 99designs, and all have produced better than I had hoped. It’s a great idea, implemented well.”View contest
Winning illustration designs
Milog are a technology company who focus on developing Android applications. They required an ‘uninstall’ icon to be designed for a brand new Android app. They were completely open to creativity as long as the icon looked like a trash bin.
- Paid $295
- Received 52 designs
Richie was planning a 40th birthday party and needed a fun, bright, and exciting invitation to be designed. The invite needed to have an Elvis & 70s theme. In terms of size, this should be a large postcard. All invites will be sent by mail so the invitation should fit inside a standard sized envelope.
- Paid $204
- Received 16 designs
New and Blue
New and Blue is a boutique in Portland, Oregan which specializes in selling high-end wedding invitations. They required a brand new postcard sized wedding invitation design to offer for sale in their store. The design itself needed to be unique, stylish, and high-class.
- Paid $459
- Received 70 designs
EasterBunnyLetter.com allows parents to create and download printable letters from the Easter bunny from their children. They required a letter and envelope to be designed in blue, pink, and green. In terms of style, the design needed to be fun, beautiful, and festive. It should include obvious Easter items such as colored eggs and the Easter bunny.
- Paid $195
- Received 109 designs
Dial Direct is an iPhone application designed to connect users directly to an agent by automatically navigating the voice menus for them. They required an icon for the iPhone app which included a professional looking call center girl. It should be cute and not look like a caricature. It should look like a business utility and not something childish.
- Paid $295
- Received 93 designs
Hotel des Arts
Hotel des Arts, based in Switzerland, offers an original and welcoming decor which makes the perfect setting for a wonderful stay close to the lake and city center. They required unique door hanger designs to use within the hotel - ‘do not disturb’ and ‘please make up the room’. The designs needed to be clean and have a retro feel to suit the existing decor of the hotel.
- Paid $195
- Received 63 designs
Recent illustration design contests
Popular Contest Entries +53 more entries submitted by 20 designers
We are looking for someone who can draw our old character the same way as our old designer, but in new poses.
Popular Contest Entries +58 more entries submitted by 24 designers
We're launching a blog site that writes about family business issues. The main author is a very experienced business ...
Popular Contest Entries +20 more entries submitted by 7 designers
I develop e-books for HR professionals...
Popular Contest Entries +28 more entries submitted by 9 designers
Host fishing tournaments...
Popular Contest Entries +51 more entries submitted by 25 designers
A tattoo illustrating my past on my back: a tree made of flames which will show events and people who made me what i ...
Popular Contest Entries +73 more entries submitted by 12 designers
Doorstep Digital seeks symbolic, artistic web & print graphics to represent our digital scanning services.
Doorstep Digital scans, organizes and backs up your photos, videos and documents. "Saving Yesterday for Tomorrow (tm)."
Popular Contest Entries +53 more entries submitted by 14 designers
Up and coming alternative rap group....
Popular Contest Entries +76 more entries submitted by 21 designers
Design a Vintage / Retro Unique Inspired feminine/ Girly illustration / logo for a Little girls clothing label.
browse 51 more illustration design contests »
Still have questions?
- How many designers will be working on my project?
- A typical contest has dozens of designers competing to produce the best design. The more money you offer, the more designers you'll attract.
- What if I don’t like any of the designs that I get?
- We have a 100% money-back guarantee! If you don't like any designs, then simply contact us within 60 days and we'll give you a complete refund.
- How many design entries will I get to choose from?
- On average, we receive 50+ entries per illustration design contest, from dozens of different designers over a 7 day period.
- How much does it cost to run an illustration design contest?
- You set the budget! Pricing starts at $249 and in general, the more money you offer, the more illustration designs you will have to choose from.
- Will the designers tailor their designs to suit my business?
- Our designers create designs according to your requirements, so every entry to your design contest is tailor-made just for you!
- Can I get designers to revise the designs they create for me?
- Absolutely. Designers thrive on guidance, so the more feedback you provide, the better the quality of your finished product.
- 142 designs
- 2,220 open
- 294,716 contests
- $765,983 currently
- $2,192,169 designer payouts