Design a new icon for a casual game
Icon or button contest
Bronze package purchased for $145
(including 99designs fees)
Designers enter their initial design concepts for feedback and direction.
The client picks up to six designers to continue working with.
Remaining designers enter revised and refined designs.
The client picks a winning design.
Android/iPhone game inspired by Lemmings and ChuChu Rocket!
Games & Recreational
The game will be a revamped version of Arctic Escape, with a new icon and title, among others. You can find the basic game info at the following location: http://www.teyon.com/games/arctic-escape-ios/
The mechanics used in the game is similar to Lemmings, so you place commands on the maps to steer a group of happy, but rather dumb penguins to let them escape from the location.
The icon together with a new name will have to make players curious about the game's content and encourage them to take time to see more details:
* It is good when all pieces of content are coherent and convey the same message.
* Penguins are an important part of the game (the icon, however, doesn't have to show them if you have a better idea not involving these animals)
* Anything showing the game's mechanics (commanding penguins), the goal (guiding penguins to safety) or reminding people about happy times spent on Lemmings is a plus (this is the approach that was used successfully for example in Cut the Rope)
* This is a casual puzzle game: relaxing, happy, bright and so should be the icon. Nothing unusual, as most top iPhone/Android games are designed that way. That being said it is still a kind of game where you need to think to figure out a solution and to finish all the levels.
* There are dozens of games published each day, so the icon should catch the eye of a viewer
* We don't like the current game's icon, don't use it as a reference point.
* Take a look at the App Store or Google Play and search for penguins. There are many games already, we need to stand out.
* We need the row image without rounded corners and gloss however you can make such a preview to better present your design
* The final image should be scalable from 512x512 down to 57x57 (PNG format). It should look best in 72x72. If you have a psd or an ai source file, we would like to get it as well, but it is not a must.
* It's a great plus when the icon looks still good after it is rescaled down to 57x57.