CorelDRAW problems: publishing as AI and EPS

Attention CorelDRAW Users

Did you know that serious problems arise when CorelDRAW files are published as an AI (Illustrator file) or EPS?

If you use DRAW, especially for logo designs, it is crucial that you completely understand its drawbacks. You do not want to provide clients with incorrect or corrupt files.

The Problem

Although DRAW is a vector program, files are handled differently than other programs, particularly in areas of transparencies and gradients. When a design is exported out of DRAW as an AI or EPS, certain effects get rasterized.

For example, conical and square gradients are NOT supported by Illustrator which results in jagged and rasterized edges. Here is an example of a JPEG saved in CorelDRAW… it looks fine:

Normal Vector

However, this is the same design published as an AI file:

Ai File

Same design published as an EPS:

PDF file

More examples of CorelDRAW files published as AI or EPS:

Raster Edge Ex1

Raster Edge Ex2

Raster Edge Ex3

Raster Edge Ex4

Unfortunately for CorelDRAW users, more and more clients are demanding Illustrator files. Why? Because most printing companies AND designers do not support or use CorelDRAW — they only use Adobe programs.

This could be a future problem if your client wants to edit their design and their in-house designer tells them, “I can’t do anything with this file unless I re-design it in Illustrator.” How irritating would that be?

The “Solution”

The “solution” is neither simple nor direct. It seems that publishing your file as Acrobat 8 (PDF 1.8), while making sure the flattening settings are NOT enabled results in a smooth, printable design. However, having a printable design still leaves a problem when your client demands an AI or EPS editable-file.

Here are a few ways you can ensure your clients receive correct, editable files:

1. Limit your CorelDRAW effects – if you are thinking of sharing a DRAW created file with an Illustrator user, then you’ll have to use the Illustrator standard. For example, only use linear and radial gradients and do NOT use conical and square gradients

Gradient Examples

2. Use CorelDRAW and Illustrator – we talked to a few designers that still love DRAW and don’t want to give it up completely. They construct their designs in DRAW, then publish it as an AI file and finish their effects within Illustrator

3. Train yourself in Illustrator - as a modern-day designer, it’s important to keep up with demand by learning new programs and providing your clients with their desired files

Are you a CorelDRAW user? How do you provide clients with correct EPS and AI files? Please provide your feedback in the comments below!

Based in San Francisco, Allison (Alli) Stuart works as Community Manager at 99designs. When she's not writing blogs and communicating with designers, she is working on her Children's Book. She also enjoys extreme sports, like sky diving and traveling to new places. Alli has a Fine Arts Degree with a concentration in Graphic Design from Louisiana State University, her home. Geaux Tigers!
Allison Stuart
View all posts by Allison Stuart
Allison's website

76 Comments

1. genrobo

I use Corel Draw. The file Corel Draw go publish to PDF file, then choose Prepress, done. You can open in this file in AI and save again in AI and EPS. There will be no problem in the gradient. cheers

Reply February 9, 2012 at 11:37 am
    • Allison Stuart

Hi genrodbo! We tried this on a few files. Can you email designersupport@99designs.com, Attn: Allison, and send me an example AI and EPS file (with different gradients and opacity)? I’d like to see if it is still editable.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 11:42 am
      • genrobo

A little correction on the name, genrobo :). I’ll send you some sample files.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm
      • Mary

I’m a Corel user and do not expect Corel’s transparency tool to work with Illustrator. Just as I don’t expect Illustrator’s transparency tool to work with Corel. You should have done some more research before publishing. This one-sided article will never convince me to use Illustrator as a main drawing program. Corel is so much easier. For instance, there’s absolutely no masking when it comes to off-centering a radial.

If a customer requires AI files, I always make sure they work in Illustrator before sending. But as far as ease of a program, Corel is right for me.

By the way, I never use the square or cronical gradient effect at all. But you talk as if that’s all we use. It’s just another effect. Just like Illustrator has different effects. Some used, some not.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 1:56 pm
        • Jason Aiken

Hi Mary,

It’s great that you understand how to use the right program in the right ways at the right time… and that is exactly the point of this article.

Unfortunately not everyone has this same understanding.

All Allison has done is call attention to the potential pitfalls so designers are aware of it and save themselves and their clients headaches down the line.

Cheers,
          Jason

Reply February 9, 2012 at 9:00 pm
        • Peter Vukovic

Hi Mary,

you make a lot of good points, but then there is the fact that Adobe Illustrator is industry-standard application, preferred or by most design studios and clients worldwide.

I’m not saying it’s “better” than Corel Draw because both applications have fantastic features, just that using Illustrator to produce final files will save you a lot of headache down the road.

For this reason, I think Allison’s article brought to light some very important issues which are often overlooked by junior designers who export files without checking their quality after.

Also, it would be great if someone wrote a step-by-step tutorial showing how to prep Corel files for Illustrator use :)

Cheers

Reply February 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm
          • Jurgen

I have to agree with Peter, the fact is that Adobe is already the standard in the industry. Many wants the file to be delivered as AI. Sometimes with must follow some standard trends :) Also since Corel isn’t anymore supported on Mac I mustn’t even thing to use CorelDrwa :)))

February 24, 2012 at 2:16 am
    • Farkas Edit

Wow I tried out what genrobo suggested … IT WORKS !!!! You made my work easier! Thank you so much

Reply February 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm
      • inCube_graphics

Anyway, I suggest you all to try and open the file in Illustrator after you’re finished and make sure one more time that everything is ok. And than resave it in illustrator and export it to .pdf and .eps.
        So stay away from gradients, specially transparent, in Corel, do it using illustrator, it’s just as easy as in Corel. And as Allison said try to keep up and adapt to Illustrator cause it is much more compatible with digital presses too.
        I’m still using Corel Draw for vectors (it’s easier to use than illustrator), but for effects and other stuff I use Adobe software.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 3:17 pm
    • 7digitz

try saving the file to the format. svg
      and you open it in Illustrator, you can edit in illustrator ..

Reply February 9, 2012 at 11:43 pm
      • vectogravic

saving corel files to SVG format might work, but the problem comes when I have to export the file in a large capacity such as brochures, loading to slow and sometimes corrupt files, and for print out directly from corel, it’s 45% off the mark.
        i’m a corel users too, and I like the ease of interface which i can’t get in illustrator

Reply May 8, 2012 at 6:53 am
    • ali fatoni

@Genrobo: Thanks so much for the lesson. :-)

Reply February 25, 2012 at 3:10 am
    • Steve

Hi Genrobo, thank you so much for your help. I had nearly lost this job trying for hours and hours to export to Illustrator or EPS. I have an excellent Polish graphic designer and he is 100% Corel Draw.
      Thanks again for a clear concise answer to my problem ^_^

Reply May 15, 2012 at 10:10 am
    • vpr

:-DDD
      Thanks, it”s simple and great!

Reply November 2, 2012 at 8:27 am
    • SimpleLogoDesign

Hello,

great thing it works. What about transparency? I use Corel and encounter difficulties when make transparent watermarks for instance.

Reply February 22, 2013 at 7:42 am
  2. JS design

I also use CorelDRAW i am aware of the problems with the AI files. It happens sometimes that the files in PDF format are not exactly the same as the original file (CDR). This is especially noticeable when using a tools fountain fill and custom option (multiple overflows).

Reply February 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm
  3. dewaaaa

I think the main problem in transparent (linear and radial opacity). I never had a problem with the gradient, probably only a color difference.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm
  4. Farkas Edit

I am aware of this problem since I work at the 99d. I always make the transparency, gradients, shades in Illustrator. Its a must, I guess. However CorelDraw seems to be much easier to work with to me. Also The X5 is more efficient with the export now.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm
    • Slenco™

agree with this. also, compared with previous version, X5 is more friendly with color management.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 4:48 pm
    • Nunut Sullivan

that’s right

Reply May 17, 2012 at 2:18 pm
  5. Desy

Thanks Allison, what about mesh fill tool on CorelDraw?

Reply February 9, 2012 at 5:48 pm
  6. soepra

Thanks genrobo. and Thanks to Allison

Reply February 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm
  7. SNiiP3R

I also use CoreDraw because it is much easier to draw in it. However, the files I send to CH are always in AI and EPS formats.

There is no single solution for this problem, it really depends on how complex your design is and how good you know both programs. If your design is simple and by that I mean you’re not using bunch of transparency layers and fountain fills in CorelDraw, then you can just save your design in CDR format but make sure you set the version 10. The Illustrator will open it without a problem. However, if you have a complex design, PDF method is the way to go, nothing will get lost. However, you would still need to work on layers in Illustrator. PDF creates bunch of new layers and opacity masks that you may have to clean up. It does not take too long if you know Illustrator :)

Reply February 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm
  8. Waseem

Drawing in CorelDRAW is much easier than illustrator, so there is no problem in exporting only outlines or some plain colors CDR file to AI or PDF but it opens in “legacy format” in illustrator which limits some effects and disturbs the Workspace so I open the file in Legacy format and then copy paste into a new AI file.

Reply February 9, 2012 at 11:20 pm
  9. sadzip

Pardon my English..

As a CorelDraw user, this is what I do to convert .cdr to .ai and solve some problem in it.

1. with X5 save your file to .ai.

2. open that file with CS5.

3. use only the vector line. take out all the clipping masks. and fill in the gradient and transparancies.

4. for the off center radial gradient, make the radial gradient in a square and make clipping masks and positioned it as you please.

5. for the fonts, please be aware that the spacing between lines often change. you have to change it back to your original design.

6. adjust all the requirement for the pages, bleedings size and so fort..

Problem with .pdf (converted from cdr) is:
    gradient often flaten as bitmaps, uneditable.

Well, I think thats all, I hope it can help.

Reply February 10, 2012 at 12:13 am
    • sadzip

ah, yes…

and for CorelDraw user, please know your limit, or you can push the Illustrator user to use CorelDraw :))

we don’t have any problem with it :)
      CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator is just a tool…

Reply February 10, 2012 at 12:19 am
  10. Dirk

This is a very helpful article, thank you all so much, I myself use CorelDRAW X4. These little tips help tons. I will keep this in mind for future exporting.

Reply February 10, 2012 at 7:55 am
  11. WhitmoreDesign

Thanks for this post – very useful for designers. I had this problem recently converting a bill board design (4′ by 8′) in to AI, the design had multi-colour gradients (i.e red to white to red etc) that didn’t replicate in AI. I ended up having to re-do some of the design in Illustrator to achieve the same results.

I used the Illustrator Trial to complete the project- definitely thinking of getting the full version!

Reply February 10, 2012 at 9:03 am
  12. graphells

Well..I’m using coreldraw for 15 years now.. and have worked for a lot of companies that “adobe based”.. and never had such problem..coz I know well how to export etc..so other designer can edit my design in Ai.. coz from what I know its just a tool…the final result is the design…I’m not trying to compare..coz I have learned illustrator..and I think its just over-rated..coreldraw is much more easier..and its always can deliver whatever happen in my head into the screen perfectly..yeah Ai is great also..but it take more steps in making something that’s in corel can be done in one click on the mouse.

In export matters..I think you should learn more how to do it and make everythings done.. I thing its not fair if you blame the corel user without doing a specific research.

Thanks

Reply February 10, 2012 at 2:55 pm
    • Jason Aiken

It’s not about blaming a Corel User… it’s about educating people about some pretty simple realities regarding the use of these programs.

This is not a personal issue to take offense at.

Jason

Reply February 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm
      • jercatz

I agree with jason…

Reply April 11, 2012 at 4:25 pm
    • jasiel

I use both corel and ia but i can make most of my designs in corel because it really delivers and executes the easy way. the POLISHING? i’ll leave it to AI because it rocks when It comes to color & effects.

Reply April 12, 2012 at 11:06 pm
  13. ulahts

Corel Draw has it’s limitations , and they are very well known.
    In prior versions to CDRX5 the color engine was a mess. I am not sure if they fixed it totally with the latest version – as i read in their forums that there are still major issues.
    Another thing is even if you have a calibrated color display, the accuracy is low and you actually have to “guess” the colors and that won’t happen in Illo.
    Never the less CDR is more friendly with shapes and easy to manipulate dots and anchors + a few other tools that illo completely lacks of.
    The main problem is that MOST of the printing companies are using Adobe engines and when they require the files in native EPS there it goes our problems with Corel, especially if you make use of transparencies and gradients. I remember one time i used some gradients in a magazine layout and when i got to the RIP machine because of the imposition and how Corel managed to export things all the gradients where 90° rotated. It was a mess.
    Jason is very right, people should know what to use and when to use at a given moment and i am mostly sure that many designers don’t have a clue about these matters.
    That’s why some help and tips is mostly welcome ;)

Reply February 11, 2012 at 5:21 am
  14. p.xel

we can export to ai and redraw over it

Reply February 11, 2012 at 9:20 am
  15. Widow

It is a matter of routine. I use CorelDraw, because I know it perfectly, cause it’s earlier released, (export psd, pdf, eps extension, if you have a expirience you don’t have a problem, but yes ai. can make a mess, and always CHECK in Illustrator!) but I must say Illustrator have a lot of good things, it’s easier for saving, Corel you must check for example, Illustrator you don’t have to. But, the point is: key to the success of designers or any other job after all, it’s to track trends and do not stop to learning… You don’t have to stop to work in Corel, but You must try yourself in Illustrator too, like You must try any other programs if You are interesting and love what You are doing…

Reply February 12, 2012 at 3:30 pm
  16. happiness4every1

i used to use coreldraw but the condition forced me to use the ai because the balance of the color calibration overall i am satisfied with ai and i dont think i will look back to corel anymore

Reply February 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm
  17. fiqidesign

yap, redraw in adobe, or just fix the problems in ai.

Reply February 14, 2012 at 12:56 am
  18. endok

sorry out of topic…
    im nu in 99designs. may i ask, whats the meaning of “Have all fonts outlined”? fonts must be convertd to curv or fonts r still be fonts & have outline… sory my english is poor :p

tenkyu if anyone anwers me..

Reply February 15, 2012 at 12:48 am
    • Allison Stuart

Hi Endok,

In Adobe, you can turn type into a set of paths that you can edit like any other graphic object. To understand what I mean, please check out this short explanation: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Illustrator/14.0/WS18156339-458C-45e1-8CD0-DD7931678BBE.html

As it states, it is not good to outline body of texts since you can’t edit any words after it becomes an outline. However, it is helpful to outline logo fonts so you can edit it as you wish while insuring it’s embedded in the file for your client.

Reply February 15, 2012 at 9:29 am
      • endok

thanks alot..

:D

Reply February 15, 2012 at 4:33 pm
      • Jurgen

Any typographer will hate you if you outline fonts so do I! The problem when outlining fonts is that the font starts looking kind of bolder and as Allison told, when the client later on wants any modifications you have a problem :) The myth that fonts should be outlined comes from the printers because many people don’t know how to prepare their files correctly and thats the easiest way to solve such a problem for the printer.

Reply February 24, 2012 at 2:22 am
      • oritosola

Hi Allison am Oritosola from Nigeria am a new web designer please help with this how can go from corel draw to -AI, PDF, EPS, PNG etc am using corel X3-X4

Reply April 10, 2013 at 1:19 am
        • Allison Stuart

Hi Oritosola. We’ve found that PDF converts the best, so go to File > Publish to PDF. Publish it as an Acrobat 8 (PDF 1.8), while making sure the flattening settings are NOT enabled. Hope this helps!

Reply April 10, 2013 at 9:47 am
  19. Dorarpol

also…SVG working for any transparancy type from corel to Ai. problem solve for transparancy case i guess

Reply February 15, 2012 at 12:18 pm
  20. Ranjith

Thank you so much for the meaningful lesson about the challenges of finished products of DRAW out in studios.

Reply February 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm
  21. maneka

on corel i usually at first i export to PDF,and then i reopen the PDF file on corel using the import command on a new corel page,than i export to Ai and EPS file format,and on the design handover i always attach several files,wich is PDF,Ai,EPS,and sometimes High Resolution transparent PNG,or the mater CDR file format.

Reply February 22, 2012 at 6:16 pm
  22. HePiMeN

I work with CDR X5. I publish it as PDF, open it in Illustrator and save it as AI there. No problems with color gradients and transparency whatsoever.

I did have some issues with text however – the whole text strings were converted to a bunch of single letters and I had to redo the text for client to be able to edit it. But I don’t remember whether this was a direct export to AI issue or CDR-PDF-AI conversion…

Regards

Reply February 23, 2012 at 5:00 am
  23. Vesna

Omg. I red about Illustrator and Corel. I have corel. Fortunately, my first logo is very simple and I don’t think there should be some problems.

Reply February 24, 2012 at 1:19 am
  24. Lutu Nicolae

I work in Corel Draw 11. I have found my self in the same position and tried everything until i found the perfect solution. I export as .pdf and then i open the .pdf in Adobe Illustrator. I then save from Illustrator in .ai, .eps, .psd, .png, etc. make a folder with the client work make it a .zip archive with all the files including the .cdr and send it. Never had any problems with my clients either used for printing companies or web. And to open the .eps files that corel has a problem with i open it in Adobe Illustrator save as .svg then import it in Corel. Hope this helps all Corel users like my self to save a lot of time trying to figure it out on their selves and providing the client best files for print and web purposes.

Cheers,
    Lutu

Reply March 2, 2012 at 2:57 am
    • Lukeruk

Hey Lutu,

I am working in Corel since version 4. Version 11 is worst Corel version ever. Switch to 12 (or higher) or go back to version 10.

Reply March 11, 2012 at 3:17 am
  25. Alvin

I have been using corel since 1993. What i can do with corel in 5 min takes longer in adobe. Its a shame adobe copied all good think of corel but corel didn’t do that. Nevertheless what i want to do I can do it in corel thats more important. In my country all major print shop accept cdr by default. For vector i cant see any other software better than corel. E.g I am going to design warning sign only corel come in my mind. I just bought a plotter cutter from china and it has got a plugin for corel only. That says quite a lot about corel. Adobe is good but its not as easy as corel. If anyone of you has ever goon through software development know that the software should be easy to use. I think adobe should make their software capable of opening cdr files. My cs5 can open version 10 only.

Reply March 15, 2012 at 1:22 am
    • Oguz

URGENT HELP ABOUT THE CHINESE PLOTTER DRIVER PLEASE !!!
      I have readen reply… I bought a chinese plotter a few days ago and still try to solve this problem about the meeting corel and chinese plotter.
      art cut software doesnt define the other ai. and eps. documents, so I must send them to plotter from corelx5. but as I said still I couldnt do it.
      pls let me know how did you meet the corel driver or where did you copy the driver files in the corel file ?
      thank you very much!!
      Oguz

Reply July 7, 2012 at 7:23 am
  26. Andrej

Hi to all,

@Alvin, i worked as Graphic designer in a company that made engravings on metal objects…all the machines worked strictly in Corel. So no need to say, Corel Draw is fantastic software.

I use Corel Draw X5 all the time. It is much better than all previous versions so i strongly suggest to all that use other versions to jump to X5.

The thing is to find the way and be compatible with Illustrator, especially if your designs use gradients and transparency. And i think that i have found it. As some previously posted, exporting a .cdr file into .pdf and importing the same file in AI and than from AI creating the files you need (.eps .pdf .png .ai)is the answer.

Hope this helps.

Reply March 20, 2012 at 5:20 pm
  27. Vladlena M

I use CorelDraw at work, so it kind of glued to me for other vector creativity. There is another way to export a PDF through Corel. Since the program doesn’t let you export a PDF directly, use a Adobe Distiller. First export a file as EPS, than open the Distiller and set your options to High Quality or whichever, than drag the EPS to the distiller box (window), wait a while for it to convert and than, there you go. Its 100% proven to work, this is how I send my files to printing house at work.

Reply March 30, 2012 at 11:43 pm
  28. John Tanton

Well done for producing a biased report. You could have spent the time giving a reasinable answer to problems.

Reply April 19, 2012 at 3:31 am
  29. Aila

Hi. I am a newbie, and I am really baffled with “choose prepress done” what is prepress? Is it a button or a setting… I. Hope you can answer my inquiry thanks.

Reply April 19, 2012 at 11:50 am
  30. neeraj

i think corel is much better than illustrator i can prove it by my illustration which i have made in coreldraw you can see them on neeraj2.blogspot.com

Reply April 26, 2012 at 4:44 am
  31. syn-cho

thanks,, for the information..;)

Reply April 30, 2012 at 6:54 am
  32. chewdee

CDR is the best among the rest! I agree with Lutu Nicolae just export cdr file into pdf format then open in ai,… see no more problem

Reply May 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm
  33. addy

Hi Allison.
    im a Corel User.. lately got work making cars vector for webhosting design.. this is the 2nd.. though.. but.. the problem.. recent work require AI and PSD..since the order make line up fleet..the client reguested PSD for web purposes 960pxl..so just incase they want to switch or decide which fleet that can display or not.. im soconfused.. coz i made all cars using corel.. gradient,shading ETC.. and kinda frustrated when finally exported to AI.. the result .. so sad.. some gradient missing.. and some colour.. too.. not forgot to mention.. jaggedy stuff..:(:(:(..
    would you guide me ALly.. thanks you for reading this..
    thanks Ally
    addydesign79@gmail.com

Reply May 14, 2012 at 3:30 am
    • Lukeruk

If I understand well its web design project so you don’t need vectors as final files. You should export all fleets separately from CorelDRAW to PNG file formats (check “transparency” in export dialog box), make new blank PSD file, paste all fleets as separated layers and arrange them.

Reply May 14, 2012 at 10:06 am
    • Allison Stuart

Hi Addy,

Try publishing it as an editable PDF, then open it into AI. Exporting it into AI can be tricky depending on how complex your design is — it is quite possible that you will need to recreate the gradients and shading in Illustrator. For future projects, you should use both Corel and AI. Construct your designs in Corel, publish as a PDF and finish the gradients and special effects in AI.

Please let me know if this does not work and I’ll be happy to look at your design. Cheers!

Reply May 14, 2012 at 2:41 pm
  34. nnk

you are right. if in the case of exporting files as eps or ai, it will create problems. for a pro Illustrator is the best. the other thing is that, illustrator requires full system requirements like 1024*768px screen res. corel will install even in a netbook.

Reply May 24, 2012 at 12:26 am
  35. LJ

I am new with coreldraw X5 but have a plotter that uses winPCsign. I create in coreldraw but need ai or eps to use the plotter. anyway to save a corel design as an ai or eps file??

Reply June 7, 2012 at 10:31 pm
    • Kathy Litza-Smith

Just export your Coreldraw design as a .eps

Reply July 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm
  36. newbie

but how if we using color management is “off” in coreldraw?

is that same in ai and eps after exported?

Reply July 18, 2012 at 3:23 am
  37. svetionicar

I had problems with convert CDR to AI if i use gradients (i use only linear or radial gradients) with CorelX$ and AI CS3 combination. Nothing (PDF, EPS, export to AI,…) don’t show results. In best cases, i get all gradients and transparency but in much, noticeable, darker shades. Conversion in RGB, save as Corel 10,… nothing help.

But, now, with COREL X5 is easy: export to EPS, and open with AI. I cant spot any difference in gradients and transparency. I dont know what part of settings is important for this process, but settings is my case are:

General (first tab on EPS export):
    Output colors as RGB
    Convert spot colors to RGB (checked)
    TIFF
    8 bit
    300 dpi
    Transparency (unchecked)

Postscript 3

Advanced page:
    Checked is: Preserve document overprint settings
    Always overprint black
    Objects
    Auto increase fountain steps.

Hope this will help to anyone.

Best regards.

Reply October 11, 2012 at 2:44 am
  38. Troy

Unfortunately the industry has been sucked into the belief that Mac is superior to PC, and in turn that Adobe is superior to Corel.

I have been using CorelDRAW for about 18 years, and Illustrator for about 15 years. I only use Illustrator if I have to, whereas CorelDRAW is used every day. CorelDRAW always has been, and always will be a superior vector imaging program than Illustrator. Just as Photoshop will always be better than the Corel equivalent (Photopaint).

Now if there were some way to get Adobe and Corel to work together to provide the ultimate “Creative Suite” of imaging software, the industry would greatly benefit.

Reply October 11, 2012 at 7:37 pm
  39. adhocdaily

I am doing the same thing as genrobo. So I dont have a problem.I love working in Correl and woudnt change it for any other program in the world.

Reply October 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm
  40. shoab

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
    i still get promelms in exporting Ai and EPS.
    please help me i want to get my files Ai and EPS original which looks in corel same as.

Reply October 26, 2012 at 3:26 am
    • svetionicar

@shoab, did you try step by step what i describe in my first comment? Even on that way, you still have problem?

Reply October 29, 2012 at 9:47 am
  41. kamran

hi friends i am new in 99designs plzz kindly i need some help i have make lots of logo design actually i cant understand how i have to put in my profile and how to start earning i can make any kind of logo in corel draw and i have good experience .

Reply January 30, 2013 at 12:12 pm
  42. tremor

great infrmtion…thanks

Reply February 8, 2013 at 11:55 pm
  43. Garvin Msalame

In my country Kenya everyone uses Corel issue is with the printers they use adobe programs AI to be specific but all guys do is that they do export their work to pdf and send to the printers with the client they just bundle it with the cdr file

Reply February 19, 2013 at 2:45 am
  44. Ar

wo…………..

Reply February 20, 2013 at 9:12 pm
  45. CadJoe

Very biased article. Give it up completely? Really?
    I have been using Corel for 23 years.
    Any printer or reprographics shop that can’t open a CDR of any version, is not a printer I would use anyway. With that said, I sometimes LIKE that they can not steal my artwork for another project, and have to deal with curved text and thousands of objects.

I use OUTLINES on Fonts ALL the Time. It produces excellent Screen Printing possibilities for having dark colors with different outline thickness for an overlap of lighter colors.

If worried about Layers, then manually design your artwork in separation layers, then export each layer as separate file with registration marks. No problems.

Maybe the problem is NOT Corel, maybe its Adobe’s import that needs to be fixed. If Visio can read/write an AutoCAD DWG, then shouldn’t all mighty powerful Adobe be able to open a CDR?

Reply February 24, 2013 at 7:56 pm