Private message release

We have just launched a minimal private messaging system, you can find it via the “private message” link near your avatar in the login box. We have greater plans for private messaging in the final launch, let us know what you think and what else you would like to see in the way of private messaging.

Related articles:
99designs birthday party (slideshow and photos)
Let’s celebrate! 99designs hits 200,000 contests
99designs community reaches 200,000 designers

Lachlan Donald
View all posts by Lachlan Donald
Lachlan's website

17 Comments

1. Vicky

And, do I have to go back to sitepoint.com to access my previous messages??

Reply February 19, 2008 at 8:27 pm
  2. ulahts

bang! That’s very nice.
    Maybe somehow the links should be clickable when someone inserts one in the PM.

Cheers

Reply February 19, 2008 at 9:01 pm
  3. ulahts

Also, there is something going wrong with the birth date in the profile page.

If i mark my bdate: 1 May 1978 then my profile displays it : Sun 30 Apr 1978 17.00 GMT. I guess this is an issue with the time settings differences?

Also, the Display Country checkbox it’s overrided when you select your country from the drop down menu and it is shown in the profile page.

Reply February 19, 2008 at 9:10 pm
  4. designabot

great job so far!
    on a different note….
    you guys have probably had enough of hearing this but the amount of abandoned contests is becoming unbelievable!

i just don’t understand why CH would bother to start a contest…promise so much and then run away with our work. So annoying.

do you know exactly when you will be able to start the escrow payment system?

Thanks guys, sorry for the rant but it’s becoming tiresome.

Reply February 20, 2008 at 12:04 am
  5. Paul Annesley

Thanks ulahts, we’ll get those issues sorted out.

Reply February 20, 2008 at 9:36 am
  6. Roro

You always bring the good news, Go 99!:)

Reply February 20, 2008 at 1:08 pm
  7. Nadia P

Good job guys !

I guess we’ll see how this works before making any suggestions :-)

Reply February 20, 2008 at 3:26 pm
  8. EGOdezign

There is a minor problem with received PM’s: all details (from, to, date and subject) are appearing in the same line.
    Also, it would be nice to have more options to edit our messages, for example paste clickable links, but I guess this will be added in the future just as we had on sitepoint forums ;)

Keep up the good work!

Reply February 21, 2008 at 11:08 pm
  9. Gandecruz

hi.. sorry for out off topic.. I’m just wondering.. is there any way that ch can only close the message board in their contest just after winner decided? so we can track back their history.
    if we read the message boards.. there were something that concern me. the contest above held by same person.. and he/she is creating 3rd contest now. i’m so curious if the prize money was delivered or not?

Reply February 23, 2008 at 6:26 pm
  10. Virtualize

Nice job! Great feature to add. :)

Reply February 25, 2008 at 5:36 am
  11. createabit

I know you guys/gals are busy, but could you take a look at the uncoded contest listing. There are alot of ended, won, or been withdrawn content still showing up in the listings. This has been going on for about 4 weeks for ended or withdrawn contest.

Thanks.

Reply February 26, 2008 at 7:53 am
  12. 00ryan

Why is there even an option to withdraw? As far as I am concerned, every contest has its share of quality work. There are many options in higher class to choose from, in most cases. It really isn’t fair to us.

Reply February 26, 2008 at 4:12 pm
  13. Nadia P

‘Auto-quoting’ in PMs – Is that going to make a return?
    I find I’m really missing that feature.

At the moment, I’m having to copy from one PM and paste into another so that there is a record of the conversation (at least on my end). Not everybody knows to do this, so sometimes, it’s difficult to work out what the PM refers to, particularly if someone is PM’ing about a contest (and there is no link for example)

Thanks guys !

Reply February 26, 2008 at 10:37 pm
  14. innkoq

i agree with designabot. I have been/and am in contest now where a month or more has gone by without any winner/feedback/response. This is gettin really ridicuous and needs to be addresses. If we are working for them they should support us in some way

Reply February 27, 2008 at 3:23 am
  15. Nadia P

Not sure this happened to anyone else today – received email notification of a PM, but my Private Message link didn’t show the PM count.

Reply February 29, 2008 at 1:27 pm
  16. Nadia P

PM count is still out – had 3 unread PMs – but only 1 showed up in the PM count.

Reply March 3, 2008 at 8:02 pm
  17. ToolTrainer.com

Dunno if anyone else has seen this, but I got a PM asking me to solicit someone with my design needs. Basically a spam message. Seems that the PM system is ripe for abuse of this nature…

Reply April 3, 2008 at 1:51 pm