99designs customers have always been able to run email template design contests through our “other design categories” section – and they’ve done so in abundance and with great success. But with a major surge in email design contest volume over the past few months, we decided it was time to give emails their own dedicated spot on 99designs. Check out our Email Design category.
The increased demand for this genre is no surprise, really – according to an iContact study, small and medium-sized businesses now spend the biggest share of their marketing budgets on email campaigns – 15 percent on average. With the flood of emails customers and prospects receive these days, it’s more important than ever for companies to deliver stand-out design to inboxes.
To celebrate the launch of our Email Design category, we ran a contest asking designers to create three irresistible templates in four color options for our customers to download – and send out, of course: a newsletter template, a promotional template and a template for email notifications. Each is available in green, blue, orange and grey.
If you would like to download the high-resolution PSD files, you can do so here (32mb).
- Once you’ve downloaded your free templates from the link above, simply unzip the file and select which color set you’d like to use for your business.
- You’ll find that each email template has already been coded up for you and stored in separate folders. These are compatible with all popular email applications.
- Next, we recommend that you import the email template files into an email marketing tool like Mailchimp. This way, you can easily use their email editor to add your own company logo (simply the replace the sample logo that we’ve included), update the placeholder copy in the email and add your own website links. You can review what your email looks like using your email marketing tool and schedule it to be sent out to your subscriber base.
If you’re ready to launch an email design contest, we’ve got a free upgrade for you. Valid through midnight on July 9, we’ll automatically feature your contest on our site – attracting 30% more designs!
Let us know in the comments if there are any other new categories you’d love to see – we’re all ears!
Latest posts by Kyra (see all)
- 3 small tips for a happy Small Business Saturday! - November 25, 2013
- UC Irvine Extension runs contest for redesign of MarketingZot – and invites you to their webinar! - November 18, 2013
- Reppin’ Dallas: OutlineTheSky brings hometown pride to t-shirt design - October 18, 2013