We need some nice looking placeholder graphics for our iOS App.
The graphics are shown while the images they are substituting for are being processed (e.g. downloading or saving).
The 3 placeholder graphics needed are:
1. map is downloading
2. photograph is downloading
3. photograph is being saved to disk
The images should convey both the element itself (i.e. a map or photograph), and the action (e.g. downloading or saving), through symbols.
I have attached a possible design idea I had: 'possible_design.JPG'. Maybe someone could try designing this with some proper graphics? Be sure to use vector graphics, as we wish to scale these images.
- Stylistically, the placeholders should have a similar look and feel to each other.
– No text
– No animation
- The symbols in the image should be easily understandable to anyone, regardless of nationality or language
- Symbols should be provided in vector graphics, so they can be rasterised out to a few different sizes (with some nice effects applied at that point).
– Subdued colors, nothing bright.
- If you include a "placemark" or "pin" element on the map then PLEASE use the Geospike Pin, an image of which is attached. Don't use the Google Maps style pin.
- PLEASE REVIEW THE ATTACHMENTS to get the required size of these designs, and other information.
After this competition, we will have some additional similar graphics we need created. We will likely offer the winner of this competition the chance for some additional work using 99Design's 1-to-1 system.