Custom-made book or magazine cover design
Get a professional book or magazine cover designed in 7 days, from just $299
Host a design contest and our community of talented designers will compete to create a book or magazine cover you love, or your money back!
- You describe your exact requirements
- Designers submit book or magazine covers for review
- You only pay for the design you like best!
Example book or magazine cover designs
How book or magazine cover design contests work
1) Compile your design brieftell me more
- Answer some simple questions about your business and the book or magazine cover design you're looking for.
- Decide on the amount you wish to pay.
2) Review & provide feedbacktell me more
- Designers submit concepts based on the brief
- Review and give feedback on designs as they are submitted
3) Pick a winning design!tell me more
- After 7 days, browse entries and pick your favorite book or magazine cover design. We'll take care of paying the winning designer.
- Complete handover - receive final high-quality files and full copyright
What our customers say
“The design project I ran on 99designs to generate ideas for the cover of my new book Becoming Superhuman was a smashing success.”View contest
“Instead of paying 1 designer for 3 versions of a book cover, we can take that same fee and work with an unlimited number of designers.”View contest
“The 99designs staff have always been helpful and available and I can actually tell by their level of support that they care about me.”View contest
Winning book or magazine cover designs
Prepatentprotection.com required a brand new book cover design to be used as an ebook cover and in print. In terms of design, the book cover needed to be colorful, pop, and tell the story visually. It shouldn’t be boring, simple, or be similar to Prepatentprotection.com’s existing book cover design.
- Paid $349
- Received 53 designs
360 Investments are a marketing firm that presents incredible real estate investment opportunities to privileged client investors. 360 will be featured on the cover of ‘Realty411 Magazine’ and they need an eye-catching, clever, front cover design for that issue. In terms of style, the design should incorporate the 360 Investments logo and illustrate the urgency to invest.
- Paid $500
- Received 96 designs
Stratagem Research LLC
Stratagem Research prescribes tactics, strategies, and solutions for successful living, as well as maximizing returns on investments. They required a brand new book cover to be designed for ‘Secrets to Winning at Everything’. In terms of style, the cover needed to include elements of poker, chess, and surfing. It should be bright, simple, and eye-catching.
- Paid $595
- Received 157 designs
Urban Survival Guide
Urban Survival Guide required a new book cover design that ‘pops’. This book is full of tricks and insider secrets to survive natural and man-made disasters in an urban environment. It is aimed towards a US audience and should appeal to both males and females. The design itself should be dramatic, but not scary.
- Paid $204
- Received 45 designs
How to Rob Your Bank
How to Rob Your Bank was written to educate young adults on how banks really work. It is a step-by-step guide to help them get the best possible deal from their bank. This book will be sold as an ebook first and eventually, as a printed book in the coming months. Ideally, the new design should work well in both formats. In terms of colors, blue, black, purple and silver would be preferred.
- Paid $211
- Received 72 designs
The Corn is Forever
This is a book cover for an unpublished autobiography of Gordon Black, the man who built Harris Interactive, the owner of the Harris Poll, into the largest Internet based polling firm in the world, and the fastest growing. This cover will appear on his book, which will published on a new site called authorswithoutagents.com. The cover should include a featured photograph.
- Paid $369
- Received 85 designs
Recent book or magazine cover design contests
Popular Contest Entries +15 more entries submitted by 4 designers
Sci-fi, Romance E-book...
Popular Contest Entries +3 more entries submitted by 4 designers
Indie Publishing. Target market: Blerds (Black Nerds). Fantasy readers....
Popular Contest Entries +41 more entries submitted by 17 designers
This book will be targeted towards home-based business professionals, entrepreneurs and anyone who is looking to elim...
Popular Contest Entries +79 more entries submitted by 13 designers
People in recovery from substance abuse who are interested in pursuing a holistic recovery model involving the use of...
Popular Contest Entries +176 more entries submitted by 34 designers
I have a blog at codingtutor.de where I teach/show people how to start programming....
Popular Contest Entries +82 more entries submitted by 11 designers
I have written the first two-and-a-half novels in a planned five book series. These are epic fantasy. I recently had ...
Popular Contest Entries +200 more entries submitted by 43 designers
I am a faith and culture blogger. My target audience are (progressive) Christians in America. I share ideas on theolo...
Popular Contest Entries +51 more entries submitted by 18 designers
Trainer and philosopher...
browse 57 more book or magazine cover design contests »
Still have questions?
- How many designers will be working on my project?
- A typical contest has dozens of designers competing to produce the best design. The more money you offer, the more designers you'll attract.
- What if I don’t like any of the designs that I get?
- We have a 100% money-back guarantee! If you don't like any designs, then simply contact us within 60 days and we'll give you a complete refund.
- How many design entries will I get to choose from?
- On average, we receive 90+ entries per book or magazine cover design contest, from dozens of different designers over a 7 day period.
- How much does it cost to run a book or magazine cover design contest?
- You set the budget! Pricing starts at $299 and in general, the more money you offer, the more book or magazine cover designs you will have to choose from.
- Will the designers tailor their designs to suit my business?
- Our designers create designs according to your requirements, so every entry to your design contest is tailor-made just for you!
- Can I get designers to revise the designs they create for me?
- Absolutely. Designers thrive on guidance, so the more feedback you provide, the better the quality of your finished product.
- 141 designs
- 2,811 open
- 379,206 contests
- $947,705 currently
- $2,280,391 designer payouts