8am - 5pm PST Mon-Fri
I would like to first thank everyone for his or her patience.
The contest has been officially reopened and is now a blind contest.
Please start to submit new designs.
The title of the book: Backdoor Into Harvard
1st/Top Tagline: How To Get Admitted To Harvard
2nd/Bottom Tagline: Despite Your GPA, SAT Score, & Background
Author: Arthur Livingston
IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF THE COVER
1. We prefer a white background with a border. This book is not a novel. It is a how-to guide for getting admitted into Harvard.
2. We want Harvard Crimson Red (Hex: #C90016) (RGB: 201, 0, 22) incorporated into the book, and the word “Harvard” on the cover to be this color.
3. We want Vector Graphics.
4. We like the concept of a shield similar to those of Harvard, but we cannot use any of the official Harvard shields. While we like the idea of a shield it is not mandatory. What we are mostly looking to convey is a Backdoor, a secret passage, an alternative route to Harvard that is not commonly known to the public.
5. We also like the concept of a key, keyhole, a lock or possibly an old fashioned door and door knocker to illustrate the heritage that is Harvard. We also like the idea of adding some ivy if its done right and we prefer a minimalist approach.
6. If you can use graphics that appear in 3D (use of shadows), that would be ideal.
We would like the following features in our design:
1) The primary emphasis in the title of the book should be the word “Harvard.” We want the word “Harvard” to pop/really stick out and be clearly identifiable, so in two seconds, people see that Harvard what the book is about.
2) The author’s name should not be too prominent. The author wants his name on the book but wants to keep somewhat of a low profile. So do not bold his name or make it too big. Probably best if the author’s name is located at the very bottom of the cover.
We will need the following cover designs:
1) A 3D book cover that matches the exact picture and background of the image currently on the front page of http://www.getinharvard.com/. Copy the image that is on the home page and place your image over that picture with a clear background.
2) A thumbnail (100x150) for our shopping cart.
What do you want designed?